Please download & fill in our employment application. When completed, save & email to:
Human Resources Manager
Lone Star Pet Supply
Download our Employment Application (pdf).
Night Warehouse Manager (FT)
This position will supervise and coordinate approximately 20 - 25 associates that receive product, select, pack, load and bill orders in our large distribution center
- Determining work procedure, preparing work schedule, and expediting workflow
- Organizing work based on delivery of orders
- Making necessary changes to orders and/or routing to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Advising employees on care and preservation of items handled; and method and use of equipment
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Minimum two years of warehouse supervisory experience
- Recent dock and truck loading experience
- The traits of a natural leader with the ability to positively motivate their team to success
- Strong Microsoft Office and excellent organization skills
- The ability to perform the duties of their team-members(i.e. a working manager)
Hours: 2 PM to Finish, Monday through Thursday (usually 4 AM)
Preferences: Distribution experience will help an applicant move to the front of the pack in this search. Billing software knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
Please download and print our Driver Application. When completed, please fax to: (210)651-5084
Class A CDL Deliver Drivers (1- SA) $17/HR plus $1000 90 day Bonus
Duties: This position will drive a 10 speed with a 53’ trailer(with liftgate) delivering locally and OTR. Tools used are a pallet jack and hand truck as needed.
- Class A CDL License with clean driving record
- Minimum one year OTR experience
- Strong customer service skills, must be able to communicate effectively with customers on a daily basis
- Must be able to pass work-related physical
- Must be able to physically unload product using a pallet jack and lift gate as needed
: Based on routes, Tuesday – Friday
The senior accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Supports the Division Controller with completing month end close process timely and accurately.
- Prepares and processes general journal entries that are proper, timely, and in compliance with Company policy and GAAP.
- Research, analysis and explanation of budget to actual monthly results.
- Reconciles general ledger balance sheet accounts ensuring that accounts are accurately stated and reconciled to supporting subsystems and supporting documents.
- Assists with reporting and research of gross profit margins.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual state and local tax filings.
- Prepares monthly internal reports to measure operating performance.
- Maintains fixed asset database and depreciation including reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Maintains transaction detail for certain subsystems supporting general ledger postings including prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and vendor promotional accounts.
- Assists Division Controller with annual financial audit.
- Works closely with all members of the finance department to identify areas of improvement and efficiency within both the department and the Company.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years in a Staff or Senior Accountant role with proven GAAP experience a must
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with others throughout the Company
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and take on new areas of responsibility
- Work effectively under time pressures while striving for excellence
- High level of proficiency with MS-Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Accounting experience in the wholesale distribution industry is helpful but not required